“These words reveal the child’s inner needs: ‘Help me to do it alone.’” -Maria Montessori
The Montessori Method emphasizes accessibility and independence for children. The role of both teachers and parents is to be a guide. Sprout's Sous-Chef Toddler Tower is designed with those ideas in mind. It's a Montessori step stool!
The Sous-Chef Toddler Tower is a great tool to involve your child in the everyday work of the household, and even be your little helper in the kitchen! It is tall but sturdy like a tower and learning is easy since your child is close to the action. Children can test and grow their abilities alongside you while helping you to wash dishes and prepare meals.
- Thoughtfully designed to be beautiful in your home and to have a small footprint.
- Made from durable Baltic Birch so it can be assembled, disassembled, and adjusted according to your child’s needs.
- The natural materials have a smooth finish for safety and ease of cleaning.
Clark developed this step stool for his own kids. Tapered legs give it a solid foundation without taking up too much space, and an adjustable platform makes it appropriate for a wide variety of ages.
- Adjustable platform with (3) three heights for standing
- Flat, easy to climb steps with grip tape
- Tapered design for additional stability
- Handles for easy movement and entry for children
- Removable dowel that pops into place
- Easy tool-less assembly and disassembly
- Solid sides that reduce climbing onto the counter
- Beautiful Birch Ply construction
- Finished for easy cleaning
- Narrow platform gaps for easier cleaning
- Guard Plate for children under 32" height
- Made in the USA
The Sous-Chef Toddler Tower has been designed and re-designed to maximize safety, but we need your help in ensuring the well-being of your child! Parents can make the best calls about their children’s needs and capabilities, so always have adult supervision when the product is in use. This will enable you to step in if your child is misusing the Toddler Tower. Examples of misuse are rocking the tower, climbing on the sides, or climbing up through the top onto other surfaces (like a counter). The weight limit is 150 lbs.
The Sous-Chef Toddler Tower is adjustable to allow a long period of safe, constructive use. When setting the platform height, use your child’s height as a guide:
As a general rule, if your child’s bellybutton is above the top of the tower’s sides, you should lower the standing platform! If you are using the tallest platform setting, we recommend the optional guard plate to minimize risk, though you are also free to use it on any setting. For added safety with the youngest users of the Sous-Chef, try turning it around after they climb in, to prevent falling out of any kind!
- 34.5" H x 17.5" W x 17.5" D (at the base) The top of the tower measures 10.5" W x 10"D (inside dimensions)
- Weight: 20 LBS
- Adjustable Platform Heights are 12", 15", and 18"
This product used to be called the Counter Culture Step Stool.
Tag your experiences with #MySprout
"Our little one's favorite activity is to drag the tower by the window to watch the world outside. It's now become his favorite activity since we started practicing social distancing"
"We love our Sous-Chef Toddler Tower! We use it multiple times a day; my son uses it during activities, while doing art, and during snack time. As a mom, I appreciate the independence it gives my toddler. He is able to easily get in and out of the toddler tower and it allows him to help in the kitchen. I also love that this tower is easy to move around and is not bulky."
"We’ve had this set for almost a year and we love it! I use it to keep her occupied when I’m braiding her hair, for activities, and for mealtime. I appreciate that she can make as much of a mess as she wants because I can just wipe it down with a damp rag and it’s good as new."